Why Tom Crea?
Hi, I’m Tom Crea, Author, Leadership Development Speaker, and Coach.
My goal is to help managers become impactful leaders, intent on developing others, building teams, and creating a thriving, self-perpetuating culture.
For 20 years, I served as a leader in Army aviation and information technology environments, where I spent a good portion of my time developing those who reported to me. Most significant, I prepared many who would lead others in combat.
- 40% of leaders fail within the first 18 months;
- 68% recruiters rate communication skills the most important, and
- if you’re a IT manager, you’ve seen your decision-making authority erode in recent years
Quite often, managers struggle to keep everyone motivated, but that’s the myth… that you can motivate others; motivation comes from within.
When managers learn to inspire, everything becomes less complicated, and they build the teams and culture everyone wants.
“People are your most important resource” should never be cliché. Think back to why leaders fail: what do they miss?… 82% of the time, it’s a failure to build good relationships.
When I received my first command, I had the most diverse set of responsibilities among 27 peers. Simply put, it was sink or swim, and that’s when I learned to develop others, help them grow, then, empower, delegate, and delegate some more. I built a team of leaders that was sent to combat, and because they were taught to think, these leaders succeeded without me.
In my last three years, I commanded one of the Army’s formal, leadership development programs, ROTC, on two Boston campuses. We transformed college students into Army leaders whose primary responsibility was to prepare their teams for combat as well. In fact, a number of our lieutenants faced that very test.
When lives are at stake, you realize the importance of trust, a two-way street the leader must initiate.
The Key: Live your values, set the example, and lead
I had the privilege of developing my skills in the best leadership development program available, where I spent years developing others to lead in the most stressful of environments. When you work with me, you’ll access these same insights.
To learn more about how living your values, whatever they happen to be, serve you in your role as a leader, check out this video or preview my book, Unleash Your Values: How to Lead & Succeed in Business Today… A Helicopter Pilot’s Spin on Developing the Leader in You
One Code. One Team. One Mission.
- Culture, Conduct, Communication
- We support, contribute, and help stabilize your culture inside your business
- We empower leaders to instill and/or reinforce conduct for all business members
- We identify areas in which better communication would be of substantial value
- Teamwork, Tenacity, Training
- We see teamwork as our tower of strength and will work with your organization to foster the same spirit of harmony, synergy, and unity
- We consider tenacity as one of our core strengths, which means when things get tough, we don’t whittle, we WIN. And so will you
- We believe ongoing training helps establish, enforce, and engage team members in not only doing a better job, but becoming better people
- Message, Mindset, Motivation
- Our message is one of ethics, honor, and integrity and we enjoy working with businesses with similar values
- Our mindset is based on results-oriented activities that focus each and every person in the organization toward a common objective
- Our motivation is that each of our clients achieves their objectives with relative ease. It’s why we work so hard to bring you the leadership insights necessary to improve your business like never before.
Leadership seminars tailored, coaching sessions focused on problems you want to solve… schedule a complimentary call and let’s resolve a unique challenge.